Environmental Layer Format

Evan Bare

Aug 25, 2017, 5:15:45 AM8/25/17
to Maxent
Hi there,

I'm trying to develop a new distribution model for black-spotted newts. I've been getting my environmental layers worked out and put into the same extents, but I found an issue when working with MaxEnt 3.4.1. When I try to add in environmental layers, MaxEnt only allows environmental layers to be .csv format. Previous version used to accept .mxe/.asc/.grd/.bil formats. Picture of environmental layer pop-up attached.

Did may download screw up some how? I'm starting to try and find 3.3.3 for which I have step-by-step instructions, because I don't understand how environmental raster layers could be in .csv format.

Thanks for the help
MaxEnt_Prob.PNG

mjb...@york.ac.uk

Aug 30, 2017, 8:59:38 AM8/30/17
to Maxent
Hello Evan,

The pop up box shown in your image occurs when you click Browse in order to select a directory for your environmental layers?

That's normal; select the folder where your environmental variables are stored and click open. Your ascii variables will appear in the Environmental Layers box, select or deselect as required. The .csv reference is for SWD files if you are using that avenue to explore your distributions.

good luck...