Error: No background points with data in all layers

Sharalyn Peterson

Jul 11, 2015, 12:48:33 AM7/11/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hello! I am working on running my model but keep getting this error code  No background points with data in all layers. What does this mean? Could this be extent or projection related?

Oliver Burdekin

Jul 16, 2015, 12:27:05 PM7/16/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sharalyn,

It sounds ilke you might be running a species with data (SWD file) without any data. Or perhaps as you suggested it is in an extent or projection problem. I've not come across this error message before but could you end more information regarding your data and it's structure?

iansk...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2017, 10:19:57 PM8/5/17
to Maxent
Hello,

I also receive this error message for all presence points but only certain environmental covariates (namely a majority of my vegetation related layers). I have checked that they are all the same extent and projection but still see this error. Does maxent have a problem with areas of "no data?" How did you get around this in the end?