Thresholding maxent predictions

jacquo...@deakin.edu.au

Mar 25, 2014, 1:36:30 AM3/25/14
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I have used maxent to predict the distribution of around 500 species and how these distributions are likely to shift under two future climate scenarios. I want to threshold these predictions using one of maxent's threshold values. I would dearly like to avoid go individually through each asc and applying the threshold value. Has anyone come up with an R code or similar to do this?

Chrs,

Jac

Kevin Carolan

Mar 27, 2014, 9:10:17 AM3/27/14
to max...@googlegroups.com
hey,

We'd need to know more about the study, why do you want to convert to threhold? Are you sure you have to use threshold values? By doing so you loose information, it can be a better idea to keep the predictions as they are.

Kev

jacquo...@deakin.edu.au

Apr 14, 2014, 8:58:30 PM4/14/14
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hey Kev,

Thanks for your reply. I am looking at marine species distribution shifts over time. To do this I need to apply a threshold and quantify the trajectory of these shifts between ocean/sea basins. It would be very handy to batch threshold all these predictions based on the complied list of unique thresholds that correspond to each prediction of species distribution.

Chrs,

Jac