unused arguments while using maxent in dismo

Rita Castilho

Apr 17, 2015, 3:36:14 PM4/17/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am on a mac, and I have this issue of unused arguments while using maxent in dismo

model.maxent.present <- maxent(
+ x=rasters.present.crop,
+ p=spoints,
+   a=backgr,
+ args=c(
+ 'randomtestpoints=30',
+ 'betamultiplier=1',
+ 'linear=true',
+ 'quadratic=true',
+ 'product=true',
+ 'threshold=true',
+ 'hinge=true',
+ 'threads=2',
+ 'responsecurves=true',
+ 'jackknife=true',
+ 'askoverwrite=false'
+ )
+ )
Error in maxent(x = rasters.present.crop, p = spoints, a = backgr, args = c("randomtestpoints=30",  :
  unused arguments (x = rasters.present.crop, p = spoints, a = backgr, args = c("randomtestpoints=30", "betamultiplier=1", "linear=true", "quadratic=true", "product=true", "threshold=true", "hinge=true", "threads=2", "responsecurves=true", "jackknife=true", "askoverwrite=false"))

Even when I delete all arguments I still get the same error...
> model.maxent.present <- maxent(
+ x=rasters.present.crop,
+ p=spoints,
+   a=backgr)
Error in maxent(x = rasters.present.crop, p = spoints, a = backgr) :
  unused arguments (x = rasters.present.crop, p = spoints, a = backgr)

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Rita

Jamie M. Kass

Apr 17, 2015, 3:48:34 PM4/17/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
The problem must be with your inputs, as even without args you're getting an error. Few things to check
1. Make sure you don't have another package loaded with a function maxent that is masking the one from dismo.
2. Make sure your inputs are correct. Your x should be a raster or raster stack, p should be your occurrence points (in almost any form), and a should be a matrix or data frame of your background points, with two columns: lat and long.

If the above two are not a problem, I am totally at a loss.