Interpreting lambdas files

Peter Wilson

Jun 6, 2009, 10:51:43 PM6/6/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

Some recent posts to the list suggest that there are probably more than a few people who would like a less mathematical explanation of how lambdas files are used to compute values. I have produced some notes along these lines as a pdf file. Email me if you would like a copy.

Cheers,

Peter Wilson

Dr Peter D. Wilson
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Department of Biological Sciences
Macquarie University, New South Wales, Australia 2109
Email: pwi...@bio.mq.edu.au

Marcelo Lima

Jun 7, 2009, 5:17:09 AM6/7/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
Dear Peter, I would appreciate a cipy of your notes!
Cheers
Marcelo
--
Marcelo Gonçalves de Lima
Biologist, PhD

www.pequi.org.br
Pequi - Pesquisa e Conservação do Cerrado
SCLN 408 bloco E sala 201, Brasília-DF
Cep: 70.856-550
www.pequi.org.br

Marcelo Lima

Jun 7, 2009, 5:18:00 AM6/7/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
Ops, a "copy", not a cipy
Cheers all
Marcelo

Jakob Fahr

Jun 7, 2009, 5:47:35 AM6/7/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter

sounds very useful - what about uploading the file on the MaxEnt-site of
this discussion group rather than distributing it individually?:
http://groups.google.com/group/Maxent

Cheers, Jakob

Manuel Spínola

Jun 7, 2009, 6:22:03 AM6/7/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
Dear Peter,

I would like a copy.
Best,

Manuel
--
Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.
Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre

sandro aquino

Jun 7, 2009, 6:57:15 AM6/7/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
Dear Peter
Thanks I woul like a copy
can you send me one
Grestings
Sandro

flabra

Jun 7, 2009, 10:34:42 AM6/7/09
to Maxent
Dear Peter,

I would also be very grateful to receive a copy of your guidelines. I
attempted to do this once a while back, using MATLAB, but was not able
to work through the details of it.

Cheers,

Fabio A. Labra

Fabio A. Labra
Post-doctoral researcher
Center for Advanced Studies in Ecology and Biodiversity
Departamento de Ecología
Facultad de Ciencias Biológicas
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Santiago, Chile
fla...@bio.puc.cl ; fabio...@gmail.com
> Email: pwil...@bio.mq.edu.au

Martiño Cabana Otero

Jun 7, 2009, 12:28:09 PM6/7/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please, can you send me a copy of your notes.

Thanks and best wished,

Unha aperta,

Martiño

Martiño Cabana Otero
Tellado, 8 Romeán (Lugo)
27141 LUGO
630-948293
mco...@yahoo.es

Jun 8, 2009, 2:41:56 AM6/8/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,
Could I have a copy of your "mathematical explanation"?
Thank you very much!
Marika

epiphyte

Jun 8, 2009, 5:00:56 AM6/8/09
to Maxent
Hi Peter,

Please send me a copy. many thanks!

Rebecca
> Email: pwil...@bio.mq.edu.au

Ramamurthy Suganthan

Jun 8, 2009, 6:10:59 AM6/8/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
Dear Peter,

Please send me a copy too.

Thanks

Suganthan

2009/6/8 epiphyte <ecog...@gmail.com>

--
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Maria Lucia Lorini

Jun 8, 2009, 8:49:10 AM6/8/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
Dear Peter,

Could you send me a copy of your notes too?

Thanks a lot!
Cheers

Maria Lucia
---------

2009/6/8 Ramamurthy Suganthan <sugan...@gmail.com>
Dear Peter,

Please send me a copy too.

Thank

Maria Lucia Lorini
Laboratório de Gestão da Biodiversidade
Programa de Pós-Graduação em Ecologia
Instituto de Biologia , CCS, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
Cidade Universitária - Ilha do Fundão
Rio de Janeiro - RJ
CEP: 21941-971
Cx. Postal: 68029

B. Miller

Jun 8, 2009, 9:28:07 AM6/8/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
Peter, Seems everyone would like a copy, so add me to your list.

Tnx

--
Bruce W. Miller, Ph.D.
Conservation Ecologist

office details
Gallon Jug, Belize
Mailing address
P.O. Box 37, Belize City
Belize, Central America
Phone +501-220-9002

Mark

Jun 8, 2009, 10:53:14 AM6/8/09
to Maxent
Peter--I would also like a copy.

Thanks!
> Email: pwil...@bio.mq.edu.au

Angélica

Oct 9, 2017, 2:12:11 AM10/9/17
to Maxent
Hello Dr. Peter,

Could you please send me a copy.

Thank you!

M Mf

Oct 21, 2017, 6:35:59 PM10/21/17
to Maxent
Nice!! Can u sand me?

Tnks!

Marília

Paola Nicole Parra

Oct 24, 2017, 4:35:35 AM10/24/17
to Maxent
Hello everybody, my name is Paola Parra. I am a Geography undergraduate student and doing my final thesis (undergraduate requirement in Ecuador-South America). I would  really appreciate receiving a copy of your explanation (lambdas).
My research is about predicting geographic distribution of Nectandra acutifolia as a conservation strategy for Spectacled Bear´s feeding in my country Ecuador. I need to understand lambdas a bitte better.

Thanks.
Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador
Message has been deleted

Mara Ines Espinosa H.

Nov 3, 2017, 7:00:09 AM11/3/17
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,
I would  like a copy too.

Thank you!
Mara

Mara Ines Espinosa H.
Programa BEA
ULS - UCN
Chile

Hi Peter,
I would really like a copy too.

Thank you!
Heiko

Husam El Alqamy

Nov 5, 2017, 2:56:26 PM11/5/17
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter
I would like a copy. Thanks for your efforts

On Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 4:51:43 AM UTC+2, Peter Wilson wrote:

bkara...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2017, 10:55:26 AM11/11/17
to Maxent
I would like a copy too if possible. Thank you!

Iman Momeni

Nov 11, 2017, 1:52:08 PM11/11/17
to Maxent
Really interesting.
Could you please send a copy to me?
Thanks in advance.

Милош Поповић

Nov 11, 2017, 2:53:52 PM11/11/17
to max...@googlegroups.com
Dear Peter,

I would also love to have a copy.

Best wishes,
Miloš

суб, 11. нов 2017. у 7:52 , Iman Momeni <momen...@gmail.com> пише:
Really interesting. Could you please send a copy to me? Thanks in advance.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maxent" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maxent+un...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to max...@googlegroups.com. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/maxent. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Francisco Rodriguez Sanchez

Nov 13, 2017, 5:44:49 AM11/13/17
to max...@googlegroups.com
--
Dr Francisco Rodriguez-Sanchez
Integrative Ecology Group

Weverton Carlos

Nov 13, 2017, 7:21:06 PM11/13/17
to Maxent
I started using MaxEnt and I'm trying understand the mathematical part of Maxent... Can someone tell me how I should interpret a high or low (negative) lambda-value?
I mean, what exactly does the "fitted lambda-value" mean?

Erwin Martí

Nov 13, 2017, 7:21:07 PM11/13/17
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dr. Wilson,

I am interested too in your notes about the use of lambdas in ENM, could you please send me a copy.
Best regards!

Erwin