Subsetting an object of class ENMevaluation

Maxwell C. Obiakara

Apr 3, 2018, 7:21:33 AM4/3/18
to Maxent
Hello!

Please can someone help with ideas on how to 1) extract a series of models from an ENMevaluation object and 2) still be able to access its dataframe of evaluation metrics?

I built a series of models and I want to select all models with a delta AICc < 2

res <- mod.test@results  # The dataframe of evaluation metrics for my candidate models

good.fit.mods <- subset(mod.test@models, res$delta.AICc <2)  # Using subset() gives me a list and I'm not able to access this evaluation metrics in this way.

Any help will be appreciated.

Maxwell.

ismailb

Apr 13, 2018, 2:03:14 PM4/13/18
to Maxent
Hello,

It's nota real answer to your question but maybe it gives you a hint.

Best regards
İsmail

Jamie M. Kass

Apr 22, 2018, 2:23:15 PM4/22/18
to Maxent
Determine which row number corresponds to the model you want, then do mod.test@models[[n]], where n is the row number. That will be your model object. If there are multiple models that are >2 delta.AICc, you need to either pick one or make an average of the model predictions, etc. You, as the expert of your data and system, need to be the judge.

Jamie Kass
PhD Candidate
City College of NY