Future projection: asc file only partially displaying

Jade Phillips

Jan 29, 2015, 12:39:02 PM1/29/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have created future projection maps in MAXENT for numerous plant species in Norway.  The files ran fine in MAXENT but the output maps are not fine.  They show only a small portion of Norway as having any kind of future prediction (or any kind of values), the rest of the country is shown as containing 'no data' values.  This only happens with the future climate layers, the current predicted species distribution maps show coverage for the whole of Norway.  I know this isn't because the plant species is 'extinct' from the other areas of Norway as I would still expect there to be a value in these cells but there is only a 'no data'  value.

The layers are identical (same rows, columns, extent, same number and location of 'no data values' etc etc) apart from the the obvious change in the future climate values.  Does anyone have an idea of what could be happening?  Oh and I have tried viewing the asc files in both DIVA (once converted to grid files) and ArcMap (as rasters) but they display the same.

Thank you for your help
Jade