Possible Update to the help file for 3.4.1

Donald Catanzaro

Apr 8, 2018, 4:09:30 PM4/8/18
to Maxent
Good Day All,

While I am liking Maxent overall, after much tinkering I discovered that I did not read the help file as carefully as I should have (accessible via the maxent.jar > Help)

It turns out that the current help file (3.4.1) does not talk about the new cloglog output.
Outputs:       The output format for predicted distributions is either raw,, logistic (the default) or cumulative.
            Format of the lambda file: Lastly, logistic output is calculated using the entropy given at the end of the lambda file: logistic = raw * exp(entropy) / (1 + raw * exp(entropy)).

I did not realize this difference and was applying the logistic transformation rather than the cloglog transformation which was placed in the tutorial (Page 7) stating

The cloglog value corresponding to a raw value of r is 1-exp(-c·r).

Jamie M. Kass

Apr 22, 2018, 2:26:35 PM4/22/18
to Maxent
Can you please post this to the maxnet Github page as an issue? This way has the highest likelihood of Steven Phillips seeing it and making a change.

Jamie