maxent output elevation details

Yagya Raj Paneru

Feb 20, 2017, 7:51:22 AM2/20/17
to Maxent
i created a distribution map using maxent. now i want to know the range of distribution in terms of elevation. how can i calculate elevation for each cell, i am using 30 arc-sec data,

Jamie M. Kass

Feb 20, 2017, 8:08:38 AM2/20/17
to Maxent
To get the values of a raster (e.g. elevation) for a set of points, you can use "Extract Values by Points" in ArcGIS, or extract() with the raster package in R. Make sure the raster and points are in the same projection (i.e. if raster is lat long and points are utm, project raster to utm before extracting). I'm sure there's a way in QGIS as well, so if you don't have ArcGIS and want a free GUI option, it should be easy enough to google the answer. Good luck!

Jamie Kass
PhD Candidate
City College of NYC

Yagya Raj Paneru

Feb 20, 2017, 10:42:20 AM2/20/17
to Maxent
Here is the binary output of maxent... I want to know the elevation value for each cell of the map. how that can be done???
present_alt_reclass.bmp

ndimhypervol

Feb 20, 2017, 4:55:47 PM2/20/17
to max...@googlegroups.com
You can assign all cells not equal to 1 (your "suitable area") to NA, then mask the elevation raster by this. The result is only elevation values for areas that were called "suitable". You can do this operation using the Raster Calculator (assign all cells not suitable to NA) and extract with Extract by Mask with ArcGIS.

What exactly is your goal with extracting the elevation values?

Jamie Kass
PhD Candidate, CCNY
<present_alt_reclass.bmp>

Yagya Raj Paneru

Feb 22, 2017, 1:14:18 AM2/22/17
to Maxent
i want to know the elevation range of present possible distribution and for  future predicted areas.

Jamie M. Kass

Mar 5, 2017, 1:27:29 PM3/5/17
to Maxent
Oh okay, well then you can use the technique I just described. Have you tried it yet?

Jamie

Yagya Raj Paneru

Mar 6, 2017, 1:15:06 AM3/6/17
to Maxent