I have a shp file to river. How do I use MAXENT?

Goral

Jul 10, 2016, 8:35:25 PM7/10/16
to Maxent
Dear, all
I have two inquiry.
1. To change shp to asc using QGIS
2. How to use river distant in MAXENT?

Thank you for all
Have a nice day.

Steve Research

Jul 11, 2016, 2:06:07 AM7/11/16
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi Goral,
I'm on a train... just starting Qgis!

1. OK in Qgis you can use:
 - 'Raster'
 - 'Conversion'
 - 'Rasterize (Vector to Raster)...'

You may need to take a backup copy of your shp file and edit the attribute table first. I did when I did a similar thing for 'roads'.

It can be slow but it should work.

2. Are you trying to make a file that shows distance to the nearest river at any point? I did something like that and I'm trying to remember how I did it! I was using my big machine rather than my laptop and I may have loaded a 'heat map' plugin to run the analysis. I will look that up when I am back at my desk in about 10hours time!

Cheers
Steve
PhD University of Wales

Sent from my iPhone