Buffer vs. reprojected area: which area to use for the correlation test?

J.wolk...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2018, 7:51:45 AM3/21/18
to Maxent

Dear all,

I'm, using buffers around presence points for specifying maxent background area and then using reprojection of models on the area of the chosen country. But could someone tell me which area I should use for correlation analysis? Should I use env. var. only from the area of buffers, reprojected country, or even different?

Thank you,

J.W.

Jamie M. Kass

Mar 29, 2018, 7:17:55 AM3/29/18
to Maxent
Do you mean a correlation test of the predictor variables used to build the model? In that case, the only extent that makes sense is the background extent (your buffers). The projected extent is not used to train the model. Please correct me if I misinterpreted your question.

Jamie Kass
PhD Candidate
City College of NY

j.wolk...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2018, 3:59:40 AM4/6/18
to Maxent
Yes, that is what I asked, thank you very much!

J.W.