Blank cells in results raster

Julian Stahl

Sep 22, 2015, 4:16:09 PM9/22/15
to Maxent
Hi Everyone,
I've been running several Maxent models with up to 7 different environmental layers. I just added another layer (lightning data) and eventhough the ASCII header is exactly the same as all others, the Maxent output raster has several blank cells where it won't calculate the occurrence (see picture left). When I open the original lightning ASCII in GIS and click on one of the blank cells it says "NoData". I have one other layer that also is not complete across the entire area, but Maxent still calculates an occurrence for its final result raster (see picture right). The cell sizes are the same for both model runs. Has anyone ran into this problem or have an idea what a possible solution might be?

Thank you,

Julian
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2

Jamie M. Kass

Sep 25, 2015, 11:01:30 PM9/25/15
to Maxent
Maxent shouldn't calculate a value for any cell that is NA. That being said, it looks like your lightning layer is a different cell size than the other predictors, or at least that's what it looks like from the images (the top prediction has a larger cell size). Can you explain what your predictors and settings were for each model?

Jamie Kass
PhD student
City College, NYC