Batch Processing - "Multiple runs can appear in the same file, and they will simply be run one after the other"

Darin Kopp

Feb 10, 2015, 10:38:17 AM2/10/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Dear Group,

I am trying to conduct multiple model runs from a single batch file.  Here are the first two models i wish to run (essentially they are the same, just changing betamultiplier and output location):

java -mx512m -jar maxent.jar environmentallayers=E:\OMC_SDM\ENV_Layers\Biophys samplesfile=E:\OMC_SDM/ENV_Layers\tq_australis.csv outputdirectory=E:\OMC_SDM\ENV_Layers\Biophys_BetaReg\reg_0 betamultiplier=0 togglelayertype=land outputformat=raw redoifexists autorun
java -mx512m -jar maxent.jar environmentallayers=E:\OMC_SDM\ENV_Layers\Biophys samplesfile=E:\OMC_SDM\ENV_Layers\tq_australis.csv outputdirectory=E:\OMC_SDM\ENV_Layers\Biophys_BetaReg\reg_0.2 betamultiplier=0.2 togglelayertype=land outputformat=raw redoifexists autorun

The trouble i am having is that only the first model runs  (i.e. they are not simply running one after the other).  Is there something obvious i am missing?  I am running MaxEnt  version 3.3.3k, October 2011.  I look forward to any suggestions you may have.

Thanks in advance

Jamie M. Kass

Feb 13, 2015, 11:29:00 PM2/13/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
May I highly suggest you check out the "dismo" package in R? Both R and the package are free to download, and there is a tutorial (called a "vignette") up online as well. Using dismo, iterative processing can be done in a very straightforward way with a basic for loop (this is elementary coding, and you can look up how to write for loops in R by googling). Plus, dismo has lots of other features you may be interested in, like niche overlap stats and generating custom background extents, etc. Further, working in R gives you access to lots of other neat things, like using the "raster" package for raster processing and plotting your data.

Just a suggestion. I can assure you that overcoming the learning curve in R is much better than banging your head against the wall with batch code and the Maxent GUI.