Error reading file....Java.Lang.NumberFormatException: For Input String: "NO DATA_value"

Amila

Nov 20, 2015, 9:51:28 PM11/20/15
to Maxent
I get the following message when I try to run a model in Maxent version 3.3.3k.

Error reading file....Java.Lang.NumberFormatException: For Input String: "NODATA_value"

Any idea on what has gone wrong and how to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

Nayana Wijetilaka

Dec 15, 2015, 6:37:32 AM12/15/15
to Maxent
Hi Amila,

Some of your coordinates may not pin on your layers which fail to extract any values. Ex. some points in the beach may marked in the see (in bioclim layers) and those points not contain any data, "NODATA value". You can simply remove such points from the analysis. One way of doing this is just extract values for one layer and select the points which have -9999 and remove them from the csv. or slight change in the position may resolve the issue.

Best,
Nayana