ENMTools results interpretation

sdsa...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2018, 5:43:21 PM3/6/18
to Maxent
Hi,

I have two populations of very morphologically similar taxa. One from Balkans and the second one from Iberian Peninsula. I decited to use Maxent and  ENMTools to check if there are any differences between these populations/taxa.
I calculated the niche overlap with following results:
D: 0.1324,
I: 0.33088.

I took it as a confirmation of nich differences.

After that I run the niche identity test with following results:

I: 0.977855 ,D: 0.85359, Relative Rank:0.91689.

I have no experience with these programmes (so I can be wrong), but for me these results are contradictory.

Could you tell me what did I do wrong?

All best,
Sebastian