Version of build-tools used by android-maven-plugin

Andreas Schildbach

May 30, 2015, 5:52:15 PM5/30/15
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to limit android-maven-plugin to use a specific version of the build-tools, even if multiple are installed?

I've got 22.0.1 and 23.0.0_rc1 and it fails because for 23.0.0 aapt moved to bin/

And I'd prefer to not use the preview without asking anyway. I looked at the configuration options but did not find a way to pin the version to 22.0.1.

William Ferguson

Jun 1, 2015, 8:24:55 AM6/1/15
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com
As this point no.

But it strikes me as worthwhile to include a build-tools version and have the plugin use that to determine which exes to use when building. It could also use the build-tools version to construct a map to determine where each exe lives to handle cases when they move between versions.

What to have a shot at a pull request?

Benoit Billington

Jun 1, 2015, 9:02:07 AM6/1/15
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com

Yes this would indeed be useful.
And if we do not specify the version it should take the latest it finds in the sdk.

As William said each version would need to be mapped to the location of the tools.
I foresee some issues here if the tool in question is moved for a new version instead of being copied to the new folder.

Shu

Jun 5, 2015, 9:12:40 AM6/5/15
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com

Malachi de Ælfweald

Jun 5, 2015, 10:34:07 AM6/5/15
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com

Just as fyi regarding that specific version:

https://plus.google.com/+AndroidDevelopers/posts/DGYYFcQweSB

We’ve just released a new preview of the M build tools (23.0.0-rc2) through the SDK Manager. This version reverts a change introduced in 23.0.0-rc1 regarding the location of the tools in the folder.

This ensures that Build Tools 23 are fully compatible with existing tools (Gradle, Ant, Eclipse, Maven, …). We recommend switching to RC2 right away if you were using RC1.

The Gradle Plugin 1.3.0-beta1 and the SDK Tools 24.3 (which includes Ant support) were designed to work with the Build Tools 23 RC1. With this revert in RC2, you will need to use the just released Gradle Plugin 1.3.0-beta2, and SDK Tools 24.3.1

Manfred Moser (simpligility)