Ideas for creating a pure Java Android APK packaging system

Pawan Dubey

May 21, 2014, 7:24:06 AM5/21/14
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I know this is not directly related to maven-android but, I am working on something with the aim to implement a Java API to package source code files into an APK archive so that it can be deployed into Android environments(basically for testing purposes).[Think JBoss Arquillian + ShrinkWrap].

I know that there isnt an existing Java only build system present from which I could take learn the process of implementing the same, but as Maven does something close to it with the plugin, I was hopeful if you could direct me to look at the relevant places concerned with the same, if that is not too much to ask.

P.S: I am familiar with the steps involved in the building of an APK, just not clear how to do it all programmatically through Java.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Manfred Moser

May 26, 2014, 11:04:37 PM5/26/14
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like reinventing the wheel to me. The Android Maven Plugin as well as the gradle build system do that with the help of the SDK and the libraries published to Central like sdklib. Source code in a APK archive never makes a sense btw... you should use a *sources.jar, an apklib or an aar. Why would you need the source anyway?

manfred