[m2e-android] Replacing APK Builder

Ricardo Gladwell

Feb 18, 2012, 12:02:58 PM2/18/12
to Maven Android Developers
Hi All

As part of the changes to the ADT 15.0.0 it is now possible to add any
class file or JAR to an APK build simply by putting it into the
Eclipse project classpath. Due to this, the replacement APK Builder in
m2e-android was removed.

Unfortunately, despite the performance improvements and simplicity of
code this change brought, this is causing any number of problems for
users:

https://github.com/rgladwell/m2e-android/issues/52
https://github.com/rgladwell/m2e-android/issues/53
https://github.com/rgladwell/m2e-android/issues/58
https://github.com/rgladwell/m2e-android/issues/62

With this in mind, I'm planning to re-introduce the APK builder
replacement as part of a new 0.5.0 m2e-android version.

To ensure builds between the android-maven-plugin and m2e-android are
as close as possible, I'd like to refactor some of the common build
code (ApkBuilder.java, ApkMojo.java) into a common library. Obviously,
this means more complexity for both our projects, but hopefully it
will mean a better user experience from an m2e-android perspective.

Thoughts?

--
Ricardo Gladwell <ricardo....@gmail.com>
http://www.google.com/profiles/ricardo.gladwell