Fwd: Reminder: Your CloudMade Account Will Shutdown May 1st

Pat Hickey

Apr 3, 2014, 11:26:03 AM4/3/14
to John Wiseman, mave...@googlegroups.com
Looks like the Mavelous OSM map API's days are numbered. We can fall back to just supporting Bing, I suppose.

Pat

Begin forwarded message:

From: "CloudMade Developer Support" <sup...@cloudmade.com>
Date: April 3, 2014 at 1:44:14 AM PDT
To: "pchickey" <p...@moreproductive.org>
Subject: Reminder: Your CloudMade Account Will Shutdown May 1st

Hi there pchickey,

We are resending this mail because it contains important information relating to your CloudMade API Key 420c27bae8514670a02a1684e8398d33.  You can Unsubscribe to stop receiving these emails.

We’re contacting you because you’re registered as the contact for CloudMade API Key 420c27bae8514670a02a1684e8398d33 which used CloudMade’s Map Tiles, Geocoding or Routing services recently.

As of May 1st we’ll be stopping service to your API key.  This means that CloudMade services like Map Tiles, Geocoding and Routing that you maybe using in your apps or websites will stop working.

We understand that this is short notice to make changes to your app.  To try to help you, we're working closely with our friends at Mapbox to make sure everyone is taken care of and to make a possible transition from CloudMade as smooth as possible. Both Mapbox and CloudMade have a long history and love open source mapping. We worked closely with them on a special offer to provide you with a coupon code good for 3 months free use of Mapbox's Standard Plan .

To make use of their offer, just use the coupon code MAPBOX4CLOUDMADE within the next 30 days. Mapbox also has a free plan that you can get started with today and their plans are very flexible and can scale with your needs. If you have any questions about the Mapbox plans or services you can email them at sup...@mapbox.com.

You can find more details about the transition on the CloudMade Support pages.

Thanks for your understanding.  If you have any questions, please contact our support team - sup...@cloudmade.com.

Best Wishes,

CloudMade Developer Team

To stop receiving any future mails about this subject, you can Unsubscribe.