Any current updates to Mavelous?

overlordsc

Jul 23, 2013, 6:32:54 PM7/23/13
to mave...@googlegroups.com
I have noticed that the chatter on the forum has almost gone away over the past few months and after looking at the repository it doesnt look like any new code has been submitted in some time. Is there an update planned in the near future? Has development stopped?

John Wiseman

Jul 23, 2013, 6:43:53 PM7/23/13
to mave...@googlegroups.com
I've had a few months of being busy at my day job and preparing for a wedding and haven't had much chance to hack on mavelous.

I have spent a little time playing with AR.Drone WebFlight, which does browser-based control of the AR.Drone.  Its focus is different from mavelous because the AR.Drone has no GPS but does come with a first-person HD camera, but I got some ideas from it that I might like to apply to Mavelous, like displaying a 3D model of the vehicleusing a gamepad or joystick to control the vehicle, and detecting and displaying nearby air traffic (other planes and drones) on a map or in the HUD.

I just got back from my honeymoon and I'm hoping to get back to Mavelous soon.

John

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM, overlordsc <par...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have noticed that the chatter on the forum has almost gone away over the past few months and after looking at the repository it doesnt look like any new code has been submitted in some time. Is there an update planned in the near future? Has development stopped?

overlordsc

Jul 23, 2013, 7:47:21 PM7/23/13
to mave...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!!! Wish you the best, Ive been married 15 years and still happy :)

I have looked at the same AR Drone setup. Its neat for sure, and those features would make mavelous hard to beat.

Let me know how I can help.

Thanks

Pat Hickey

Jul 27, 2013, 12:30:52 PM7/27/13
to mave...@googlegroups.com
I've been too busy with my day job lately to spend much time on Mavelous, and for the next few months I expect that trend to continue. If anyone else is interested in developing I'm happy to help you understand the code and review changes, but unfortunately I can't do much more than that.