Trying to Gauge interest in having a woodworking group in the maker space

Peter Menningen

Mar 30, 2017, 12:27:52 PM3/30/17
to MauiMakers
Our shop has a nice set of tools and the possibility of having even more when storage is developed.

Please drop by at next weeks talk story night Tuesday from 6 till ??

Interested members can discuss going forward, maybe setting a common time to come together and build. Maybe making some nice fixtures and Jigs that would help all of us with our projects. Maybe refurbishing some antique tools that everyone could then use on their projects.

I have my Fathers planes and tools which he brought with him from Germany in 1954 some need some TLC. I also have some that I have purchased and acquired. As well as other wood working tools. I also have a lot of accessories to power tools that can be used.

I have acquired some nice hardwood and plywood to make our fixtures like shooting boards, bench hooks, planing boards, cutting sleds for the table saw etc.

Jerry Isdale

Mar 30, 2017, 8:18:13 PM3/30/17
to MauiMakers
I am definitely interested... after a year or so of basics maybe we can do something like