Menehune Makers Photos

Peter Menningen

Feb 18, 2016, 3:07:39 PM2/18/16
to MauiMakers
The photos from the Menehune Makers program are published on the Meetup page for the group and our shared public Google drive.

Jerry Isdale

Mar 8, 2016, 12:29:09 PM3/8/16
to MauiMakers
The folder can be found at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B09HjYeA4G9pcHc3ME9zbVdUOG8

If anyone would like to help organize, annotate, etc  please setup up and volunteer!

Peter Menningen

Mar 8, 2016, 1:12:15 PM3/8/16
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Jerry  I placed photos there As a single point for using in the future. We should all make it a habit to download our MMI event photos into the public photos folder  Under event photo folders.

Just having them in the Menehune folder is enough for now  That way they are in one place for future reference and use. I'm going to add the gears--Gears nigh soon   I think the time spent to add annotations and maybe tag persons is better spent on our primary tasks right now. Dates are on the photo metadata so we can use it to recover it

We can place it on a back burner for a photography project for someone. My focus with the photos is to capture the events so we have records We can choose to cull at some future time when we are on coast mode

I have two  sets to add Introduce a girl  to Engineering and Menehune Gears  another 45 photos

Peter Menningen
Sent from my Laptop in Haiku

Jerry Isdale

Mar 8, 2016, 1:27:34 PM3/8/16
to MauiMakers
Creating a date/event subfolder would help, but at least we have them online.
My post here is following up on yours to see if we have any volunteer members to help

Jerry Isdale
805 338 1996 cell (txt works good)
Haiku HI, Timezone GMT-10

Design Global, Build Local

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MauiMakers" group.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mauimakers.

Peter Menningen

Mar 8, 2016, 3:03:06 PM3/8/16
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Jerry I just did a sort and put the activity into the photo name it seems like apple will only allow 10 pictures to Drive at a time so if I don't rename we get a bunch of duplicate file names with different  download times

Photos from Ipad have file_xxx.jpg  from camera have image _xxx.jpg file names  Laura's Phone has different and each phone or camera does it differently  So there are two options rename files before uploading to drive or renaming them in the drive  My preference is after  some persons may do it differently  as for tagging photos in meetup I oppose ifname is important then it should go in the note description which does not get added to the photo metadata