Visiting Maui Makers

flo...@festi.info

Mar 22, 2017, 4:22:55 PM3/22/17
to MauiMakers
Hi!

We are a hacker couple visiting Maui between the 27th of March and the 5th of April and would love stopping by. We are from Bamberg, Germany and members of the Backspace hacker space there. We are always interested so see how others run there spaces and in sharing our experiences. Our hacker space acquired a CO2 Laser cutter last summer. So if some people are interested we could talk a bit about our experience with the machine.

What would be a good time to stop by?

Daniela and Florian

Jerry Isdale

Mar 22, 2017, 4:26:33 PM3/22/17
to MauiMakers
Aloha!
  Looking forward to seeing you here on Maui!
Best times are probably weekends noon-5pm, which is the open hours time.
I own an Epilog Helix (40watt, 24x18 bed) CO2 laser cutter.  It is not at the space though.
I am usually at the space for Thursday night All Things Electronics and Programming 6-9pm.

Florian Festi

Mar 22, 2017, 5:31:38 PM3/22/17
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
On 03/22/2017 09:26 PM, Jerry Isdale wrote:
> Aloha!
> Looking forward to seeing you here on Maui!
> Best times are probably weekends noon-5pm, which is the open hours time.

> I own an Epilog Helix (40watt, 24x18 bed) CO2 laser cutter. It is not
> at the space though.

If you are interested I can give an introduction into my box generator:
https://hackaday.io/project/10649-boxespy
See http://festi.info/boxes.py for toying around.

> I am usually at the space for Thursday night All Things Electronics and
> Programming 6-9pm.

We have not made detailed plans for our stay on Maui. But evening sounds
better than afternoon. We are also more on the software and electronic
side of things. Otoh we might stop by more often than just once...

Looking forward to meet you!

Florian

Jerry Isdale

Mar 23, 2017, 12:57:26 PM3/23/17
to MauiMakers
Your Boxes.py is VERY cool. I have snagged the python source from Github for deeper curiosity.
Perhaps an informal talk-story about it and other things would be good on a Thursday night.
Looking forward to meeting you!

Peter Menningen

Mar 23, 2017, 3:41:24 PM3/23/17
to MauiMakers
Aloha Florian The space is not normally open during weekday afternoons yet. It is open during the weekends. If you want a special tour Please send an email to in...@mauimakes.com with your contact information and we can arrange one of our board members to accommodate you while you are on your Island visit.
Pete

Florian Festi

Mar 29, 2017, 1:29:19 AM3/29/17
to mauim...@googlegroups.com, Daniela Festi
On 03/23/2017 05:57 PM, Jerry Isdale wrote:
> Your Boxes.py is VERY cool. I have snagged the python source from Github for deeper curiosity.
> Perhaps an informal talk-story about it and other things would be good on a Thursday night.
> Looking forward to meeting you!

So we will stop by this Thursday night. If someone could give us a tour
around that would be fantastic. But even more than seeing all your cool
stuff we'd like to meet people.

Of course I can also give a short overview and introduction into Boxes.py.

Florian

Jerry Isdale

Mar 29, 2017, 2:37:55 PM3/29/17
to MauiMakers, Daniela Festi
Awesome!! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow evening.
> --
Message has been deleted