pressure distribution measuring mat

Buck Joiner

May 8, 2015, 1:52:07 PM5/8/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Pete, my friend who has a child with level V Cerebral Palsy  mentioned an article that dovetails with our discussion on a pressure distribution measuring mat.  They are interested in anything that can make Jewel more comfortable.     http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2908344/

Peter Menningen

May 8, 2015, 3:28:23 PM5/8/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Buck  here is a link to the company that distributes the Fuji film product I was talking about  They actually talk about doing foot applications and auto seat pressure points

tekscan.com/application-group/test-measurement/ergonomics They also are the source for the printed circuit pressure sensors that are used by the Arduino and raspberry Pi kits. as well as the flex sensor line.

I don't have a rep contact anymore but they will did have a sample kit with a small section of film that they would develop and read for you to check for suitability of application use.  But if you checked with their medical group or auto group they could probably tell you exactly what to use as it was probably their product that was used in  the study that you linked.
 This stuff is not cheap  They charge by the square in and the cost depends on how tight of a resolution you require  so like a monitor screen every time you add more pixels the cost increases using that analogy they can go from the old XGA to at least 1080i if not to the new 5K .

Buck Joiner

May 11, 2015, 4:21:39 AM5/11/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks Pete.  I will forward the info to my friend who has the child with Cerebral Palsy.

Peter Menningen

May 11, 2015, 1:42:15 PM5/11/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Buck tell your friend that he does not need to buy one big sheet he could do smaller sizes and place them near to each other  concentrate the higher resolution sections where the person is having the most pain or trouble with the lower resolution sheets to capture any points of interest away from the area. all you need to do is mark the sheets with a reference mark for  location on a grid on the seat so the data can be reconnected in the proper x vs y placement..