Explanation of Shop Safety Classes

Peter Menningen

Apr 29, 2015, 3:09:10 PM4/29/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
These are a requirement of our Insurance. There is no real option but to take them. If we make an exception for one person it must be for all.

In my past job we had to do a class for fire and eye safety every year for everyone who worked in the lab, There were fire drills twice a year, there were extreme weather drills twice a year these were not optional for anyone. You knew in advance when it was coming and could choose to be away from the office during the fire and weather drills but even the conference rooms were emptied.

Yes the films and content are repetitive but that is on purpose.

My only real option is to make it mandatory for every class that uses a tool of any type to show the video and go over shop rules at the beginning of the class.That means that that all will suffer for the stubbornness of a few.

I will bring before the board a Home study plan but I'm not for sure if it will fly. and it won't be for non full members.

There might also be an option once the electronics lab is completed to take it individually during open hours as we will have a space to view the content and read the materials in a separate setting.