Fwd: 2018 Nalukai Academy Startup Camp

Peter Menningen

Apr 9, 2018, 12:34:31 PM4/9/18
to mauim...@googlegroups.com

3rd Annual Nalukai Summer Startup Camp - Accepting Applications.

On Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 4:41:37 PM UTC-10, David Clarke wrote:
Know an innovative student who could benefit?
2016 Nalukai Academy video.
Thank you for sharing this opportunity with your students and community.
2017 Nalukai Academy video

3rd Annual Nalukai Summer Startup Camp - Accepting Applications.

We are grateful for you help in getting the word out about Nalukai Academy's Summer Startup Camp for Hawai'i high school students.  Applications are open for our third cohort of aspiring entrepreneurs, problem solvers, digital storytellers, design-thinkers, and leaders. The Camp is free to Hawai'i high school students (with the exception of travel costs to and from the Big Island) and each participant gets a MacBook Pro. 20 kids are selected from around the state  for 10 days packed with learning, hands on project building and forming lifelong friendships... Applications are open again and we greatly appreciate your help in spreading the word.
Learn More About Startup Camp 2018

The Nalukai Startup Camp brings together a group of Hawaii's most ambitious and inquisitive students to give them the tools and skills to be entrepreneurial problem solvers and digital storytellers.

COST
There is no cost to attend camp for the 20 students that are selected.  All learning material, meals, housing and supplies are generously provided by Nalukai donors.  Each selected student will also receive a brand new MacBook Pro with hundreds of dollars in free software and services to help them build their own startup. We want to make sure that our students know that they are limitless in their potential, and that they are similar to many successful founders, entrepreneurs, and creators who utilize the same knowledge and tools that participants will walk away with.

WHEN
July 22-31, 2018

WHERE
Hawaii Preparatory Academy, Big Island of Hawaii

Copyright © 2018 Nalukai Foundation, Inc, All rights reserved.
You're receiving this email because you're awesome! We're sending this out to everyone who wants to empower the next generation of tech leadership in Hawai'i.

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

cole santos

Apr 9, 2018, 2:29:15 PM4/9/18
to mauimakers
I could run a class like this if we plan now

Jerry Isdale

Apr 9, 2018, 5:11:53 PM4/9/18
to MauiMakers
wow Free to selected students AND includes a MacBook Pro.
they must have some serious sponsorship.
Cole, are you gonna match that? ;-)

I wonder how hard the selection process is. How important connections are.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mauimakers.

cole santos

Apr 9, 2018, 5:50:09 PM4/9/18
to mauimakers
If we can find sponsorship for funding. But we only offer windows or android.

Peter Menningen

Apr 10, 2018, 12:17:10 PM4/10/18
to MauiMakers
Cole I put it out there to let our community know it is available. Lets see who can come up with a $20 K- $40K grant to cover expenses and staff for two weeks.

cole santos

Apr 10, 2018, 2:14:55 PM4/10/18
to mauimakers
I dont need any money to run it.