recovery & Istallation Software needed for the space

Peter Menningen

May 4, 2015, 3:22:02 AM5/4/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
I am going to be very specific here  The media that the software needs to be on is a CD Image. None of the BIOS's have Boot from USB available. The machines are only worthy of the fastest and easiest way to make usable.

1 I'm looking for a Linux Install disc that does not require internet connection to boot up it also needs to format the main drive so it cannot use any software on that drive for booting.  It must be self contained and have the boot loader image on the disc. It cannot install as a secondary OS on the machine. If it required DOS to run it ust be on the disc and self install  or run from CD and format the main partition.

2 I'm looking for a recient copy of the Ultimate Windows Boot Disc with Belarc Advisor  on the same disc  again it cannot use internet connectivity for any of its functions. I need it to recover windows install keys for the Os and programs on the machine.

If you recognize  what  I'm saying and can help Mahalo  If this is Greek to you come to the space and ask me to explain it to you.

What I don't need is two dozen suggestions on other methods That discussion was held on Saturday with the person who where there during the PC recycle event.

Jerry Isdale

May 4, 2015, 5:32:13 AM5/4/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Are there some restrictions on the intended processor?  Any idea what it is (they are)?
Are we dealing with 64bit  or 32bit systems?  I think mostly 32bit?

Peter Menningen

May 4, 2015, 11:07:42 AM5/4/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
These machines are P4 and earlier  they would be 32 bit mostly  either way I don't think that Linux cares and the boot disc dosn't care either.  It would only really matter if there was more than 4 gig of ram and we were trying for performance.

At least on of the DOE machines has a drive and I was able to crack the password with no real effort. Before I wipe the drive I want to recover install keys for OS and Office 2007 for that machine.

Peter Menningen

Buck Joiner

May 5, 2015, 12:53:55 AM5/5/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
 I have a CD copy of Ubuntu 6.06 Nothing else on it. It is old but should boot. Will that help? Current version is 15.04

Peter Menningen

May 5, 2015, 12:59:52 AM5/5/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Buck Let our friend use it first to see if it will help him in his school project I won't have time to use for two weeks now. He may be able to install and then upgrade to the latest version

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Buck Joiner <bu...@tiki.net> wrote:
 I have a CD copy of Ubuntu 6.06 Nothing else on it. It is old but should boot. Will that help? Current version is 15.04

Peter Menningen

Bob Conlon

May 5, 2015, 10:05:50 PM5/5/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
You won't find Belarc on a UBCD but here is 3 ways to get the information you are looking for.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/easiest-way-to-recover-xp-and-vista-product-key-from-dead-or-unbootable-windows/view-all/

I have tested, using the second method, Hiren's Boot Disk.

Pete Menningen

May 5, 2015, 10:20:23 PM5/5/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
A few years back the computer group made some special recovery Ultimate Windows Boot Discs that had Belark and a virus scanner imbedded

If I can't find one here I'll see if I can get one of them to put an image on their Google drive and share it with me. I'm in no rush

Sent from my iPad