Makerspace Update Friday March 20, 2015

Peter Menningen

Mar 20, 2015, 1:53:19 PM3/20/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
We had a god turnout to at the Arduino class last night still working out the kinks of having 10 + devices connected to our network all trying to do the same thing. Growing pains!

The shop received a new look in that the Bakers rack was rearranged to hold a different type of Tool Chest.  You will be able to  find tools like Screwdrivers, Files, some sockets and wrenches in this box as well as some specialty tools.
There is a nice collection of clamps for doing glue-ups on small and medium sized objects  there are three long clamps also

Current power tools available for Full members is: Chop Saw , Band Saw, Circular saw, Routers and Router table  Drills Drivers  Coming soon drill press.  These tools will reequire the taking of a series of shop safety classes to opperate in our space independently  so until we get those scheduled they need to be used under supervision ( insurance rules)

We need your feed back on the type of tools you would like us to provide as we add capabilities.

We still need the square style plastic screw type snack jars for parts storage. We are building space for parts storage and for individual rental storage for small items. that will be addressed in the coming month.

Come by on our open Saturday and Sunday sessions Take a look around Make Something or play with  your Arduino