Mahalo for our Volunteers for the Family Fun and Play Day at the MACC Yesterday Sat May 26th 2018

Peter Menningen

May 27, 2018, 10:24:59 AM5/27/18
to MauiMakers
I wish to give a BIG MAHALO to everyone who made Yesterdays event a big success. I may have overlooked one or two because I don't have contact e-mail information. If you have that please reply with it tome so I may send them a thank you. Mahalo again to our 14 Volunteers including our Menehune Fuel Engineer.

A big Mahalo goes to our "Fuel Technician " He has received a promotion to Fuel Engineer for his efforts.

The production crew did an outstanding job of construction assistance with perseverance. By estimate there were over 130 rockets of both straw and paper constructed. The Three launch pads were well tested during the morning. Many rockets survived more launches the the Space X rockets. Although there were a few blowups at launch and some were unrecoverable do to landings on the roof.
During the pre-open test we needed to reduce fuel amount because or first rocket found the roof. The launches achieved heights of near 200 ft with the fuel load we provided to the paper rockets.

A great time was had by all in the 2+ hours (excluding setup)