Makers Open House 2June 6-9pm BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

Jerry Isdale

Jun 1, 2016, 3:10:02 PM6/1/16
to MauiMakers
Aloha Makers!

Our June Open House (aka Open Public Meeting) will be tomorrow 2 June 6-9pm at the makerspace (200 Waiehu Beach Rd (Upstairs)).  Come on down and talk story anytime!

And the announcement?
We are getting a new, bigger space!!!
A couple of our core members (Pete and Laura) have signed a lease on 3500sqft double bay light industrial space in Waikapu area. They will be using about 1500sqft for their own biz (large flatbed CNC, and other workshop stuff).  They are going to be subletting the rest to Maui Makers… That gives us about 2000sqft of great open light industrial space.  We plan to set up a Meeting Room, electronics, wood, metal and 3d printing shops for collaborative use of paid members. (and some public events.)

Additionally, we will be offering Dedicated Space to Advanced Members where they can (for additional sqft fee yet to be determined) have 50-500sqft areas dedicated to their own workshop, equipment, projects.  Details of this Dedicated Space Membership are being worked out, but if you are interested, please come on down to the space and talk with us!

All the details on the new space are still very much TBD. We are waiting on several items (insurance, Certificate of Occupancy, etc) before P&L can begin to move there stuff in.  Our timeline currently has makers doing initial buildout of our space in the late July-Sept timeframe, with full occupancy in September.

There will be more changes happening with our paid membership structure and activities.  We strongly encourage active members to voice their opinions - and non-members to step up and become active, paid members.   [NOTE: a lot of memberships have lapsed this year, we need you back!]  We have some Board of Directors openings for those who really want to help.

Hope to see you Thursday!

Jerry Isdale
isd...@gmail.com

Design Global, Build Local.

Opinions herein are mine and may not reflect those of other makers, hackers or humans in general. Please do not destroy Earth because of them.