Adafruit added Liquid Flow Meters for 1/2 in plastic and brass pipe

Jerry Isdale

May 9, 2012, 11:38:07 PM5/9/12
to MauiMakers
Adafruit keeps expanding their product line.  Every couple days there is something new announced on their blog.
Today there are a couple liquid flow meters, both with 3 wire (+,-, sensor) with similar/same hall effect pulse sensor.
They also have an arduino sketch up for reading these via interrupt.
We've talked about using something like this for various ag projects ...

Jerry Isdale

Matt Dixon

May 10, 2012, 2:26:14 AM5/10/12
to mauim...@googlegroups.com, MauiMakers
That makes me wonder if that's in direct response to kegbot.

cole santos

May 10, 2012, 12:26:06 PM5/10/12
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Flow sensors would be nice for auto injected fertigation.
.

Reichart

May 10, 2012, 12:45:08 PM5/10/12
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
That is an amazing price! Badger (the leading maker of water meters
for states, on your house for example) run $50 even used, no computer
interface.

Even though this does not have a sensor, this just came on the market
http://www.amazon.com/Petra-P0550-P3-Water-Meter/dp/B0058EOC5M/ref=lh_di_t_dup

What I like about it is, super cheap $20, counts TOTAL and ONE USE.
--

Reichart...

cole santos

May 10, 2012, 1:10:54 PM5/10/12
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Badger meters are expensive because they are accurate and last 20+ years. We use badger meters for DWS. They are worth a small fortune collectively. The big meters are worth hundreds in scrap value alone.

Reichart

May 10, 2012, 1:35:12 PM5/10/12
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Exactly!

The little (counterless) ones just posted are only accurate to about
10%, which is "ok" but not great.
--

Reichart...