MM Instructable in contest: AINA: Field Lab Using Edison IoT

Jerry Isdale

Nov 10, 2015, 10:58:51 AM11/10/15
to MauiMakers
Our Intel Internet of Things (IoT) instructable has been entered in at least one contest.
Please drop in and vote for it ...

http://www.instructables.com/id/AINA-Field-Lab-Using-Edison-IoT/

Jerry Isdale
805 338 1996 cell (txt works good)
Haiku HI, Timezone GMT-10

Design Global, Build Local

Peter Menningen

Nov 10, 2015, 11:48:28 AM11/10/15
to MauiMakers
GREAT JOB  this was a big one to bite off and chew Many thanks for your teams work on the instructable.  Maybe over the next few months the MMI members can throw in some help and build/construct the sensor and system enclosures suitable for our different environments here on Maui

Peter Menningen

Nov 10, 2015, 1:20:09 PM11/10/15
to MauiMakers
Jerry  You mentioned a number of alternatives for cases for both the unit and sensors in the field  I'm sitting here having breakfast (one of my more productive idea times)  and I'm looking at wire closed plastic food storage and transportation containers. They are cheap on the secondary market (garage sales)  I seeone here 4-1/2 X 7 X 2 with a clear removable lid that is marked $0.50.

We've ( Marg & I) discovered that the church and group sales for charities are the most productive on a cost vs assortment for maker stuff. Habitat, Savers,  and Goodwill are cheap but the charity sales for groups beat the prices by a factor of 5. An example I purchased the GoQPi Lexan sheet used at an upcountry church sale for $10 4'x4'  size 1/4" thick

Jerry Isdale

Nov 10, 2015, 2:12:39 PM11/10/15
to MauiMakers

Please vote for it! You need an instructable account but those are free.  Stuff we win makes the space better!

- jerry isdale

sent from my phone, which may have added its own interpretation of what i typed or dictated. I apologize for any auto correct errors introduced by our robotic under lord.

Peter Menningen

Nov 10, 2015, 2:30:55 PM11/10/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
I may have used old Chicago ways (vote early and often)  the vote box did not close automatically when I voted

Peter Menningen
Sent from my Laptop in Haiku