Musical Instrument ? Build activity inquiry Rainsticks from Bamboo

Peter Menningen

Jan 19, 2018, 12:26:58 PM1/19/18
to MauiMakers
Is there any community interest in making Rainsticks from bamboo as a project to keep for yourself and learn about some tools?

My landlord has had some Bamboo cut down on the property. I have a number around 25 2-5" diameter around 8 ' in length pieces of Various species of bamboo that we can use.

The donation for the class would be around $50 for the two sessions and the materials including the bamboo. The sessions would be held on Sunday afternoons.

The fillers would be either rice, beans, or small gravel (round pebbles)--- ( builders choice) the blocks would be wood dowel rods of various diameters --- (builders choice)

reply here if interested

With positive responses we will schedule. Possible other instruments going forward are forms of box drums Cajons, etc