Introduction to Fusion 360 CAD/CAM, gauging interest.

Peter Menningen

Mar 17, 2017, 4:43:36 PM3/17/17
to MauiMakers
Maui Makers is gauging interest in an "Introduction to Fusion 360" Class. Fusion 360 is Autodesk's news software for computer aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM). It runs on both PC and Mac and is free to students and makers, low cost for professional users. Makers around the world are using it for designing parts for 3D Printing, CNC milling, etc.

The class would be four (4) nights 6:30pm-9pm in consecutive weeks (same night). Cost would be $80, paid in advance. (paid members will get a discount) We need at least 6 students who will commit to the class so we can schedule the instructor and space. Start date and night will be arranged once we have a quorum.

Please  tell us of your interest by going to our Meetup page and either commenting or saying you are interested by signing up

 Link Here:

cole santos

Mar 17, 2017, 5:09:46 PM3/17/17
to mauimakers
I'm interested. After the 27th of March I get back.

Jerry Isdale

Mar 17, 2017, 5:37:30 PM3/17/17
to MauiMakers
If interested, please go to the Meetup link (below) and indicate it there.
Thats the easiest place for us to summarize and keep in contact with interested people

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mauimakers.

Peter Menningen

Mar 19, 2017, 8:54:55 PM3/19/17
to MauiMakers
Jerry you are correct The Meetup page is the only one that I'm monitoring to see real interest. At this point in time It will be after Tax day.

Peter Menningen

Apr 12, 2017, 4:39:21 PM4/12/17
to MauiMakers
Maui Makers will be hosting an Introduction to Fusion 360 series of classes beginning after Mothers Day in May
Some details:
  • The class will be four sessions
  • It will cover all basic functions of Fusion and students probably will have the opportunity to either 3D print or machine a part on our mini mill.
  • It will cost $80 for the entire class  must be paid in advance we will use our Meetup to keep records
    • Active Paid Regular Members will receive a discount in the form of a refund check from the treasurer
  • The class will be held on Monday Evenings from 6 PM to 9 PM
  • All students must have active AutoDesk account and have Fusion360 loaded on their laptops if they bring one
    • We will have a limited number of desktops preloaded with Fusion  for student use but you must have your own AutoDesk account.
    • We will have a class repository for sharing files on the AutoDesk Cloud
    • Fusion 360  requires a 64 bit OS and a decent Video card.
More Information to come soon.