Maker space design challenge #1

1 view

Peter Menningen

Aug 25, 2016, 2:11:57 PM8/25/16
to MauiMakers
 I could do this but my time is rather tight now with the buildout

We will need around 50 of these so being able to host a build night for the troops is an important part of the criteria

Purpose  to keep something from sliding along  either 325 or 550 paracord suspended about 25 ft off the ground

materials  designers choice  but designs that are easy and cheap have the best chance

Criteria
  1. Cannot pass through a 1" dia hole
  2. Must be removable from center of the cord
  3. No tools required for  use
  4. No permanent  knots in the cord  ( no dropper loops either)
  5. If the device could also support a 25 lb load with a hook that would be a bonus
    1. Hook size  1" throat and no larger than 1/4" diameter  about 2" hang   (something like a small carabiner )
  6. If no hook must be able to keep a small to medium carabiner from sliding

  1. There is no payment award yet   But your design will be acknowledged and there will be an instructable made on build night