Tool needed for project

Peter Menningen

Mar 3, 2015, 1:55:50 PM3/3/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering if anybody has a 1/4" NPT Tapered pipe tap?  We are building a soldering hold down fixture and need to tap about 10 holes in a plastic cutting board.  Most tap and die sets have a 1/8" NPT tap. If I have one myself it has not surfaced yet from the move.  Since we ate only tapping plastic a thread cleaning tap will do. Otherwise I'm thinking of making a tap from a pipe plug for this single use.  You can bring it to this Thursdays Talk Story event of to the site this weekend  If I know it's coming I'll drill the holes so it should only take about an hour to tap them. ;