Visiting from the SF Bay Area

Rachel McConnell

Jan 24, 2014, 3:36:06 PM1/24/14
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Hello Maui Makers, I'm Rachel McConnell, a hacker from the San Francisco area.  I'm a founding member of both Noisebridge in San Francisco, and Ace Monster Toys in Oakland, as well as a previous employee of Instructables and a recent Artist in Residence at the Pier 9 facility - I see where one of you recently visited there - we might have overlapped :)  It's a great place and I'm super fortunate to be local to it.

I'm visiting here in Maui until Feb 2nd and I'd love to meet you.  I understand there are regular Thursday meetings and while I missed yesterday, I hope to come to next Thursday's, along with the friends I'm visiting.  I understand from the mauimakers.com website that the meeting is at the UofHawaii Maui College Science building auditorium, which seems findable from the map :)  This is not the space itself, though, correct?  I would love to get a tour from a member, if this is possible.  My schedule is very open (I'm on vacation!) so any time that works for someone else would probably work for me.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear back from someone!

Cheers,
Rachel

Jerry Isdale

Jan 24, 2014, 5:17:18 PM1/24/14
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Aloha Rachel!
I am the one who visited Pier 9 last fall... and heading back to bay area for a visit to several places there in early february (we might be on same plane back!)

We are not meeting lately due to some issues with venue.  We do have an invite to use the Institute for Astronomy up in Pukalani for meetings (Kevin/Ziz- contact me for follow up on this!).
Where are you staying on island?