CNC (computer controlled machine) Interest Group at Maui Makers

Jerry Isdale

Mar 25, 2015, 3:45:54 PM3/25/15
to MauiMakers
Aloha friends

We are starting up a Special Interest Group (SIG) within Maui Makers that focuses on CNC Machines.
CNC= Computer Numerically Controlled.
Machines like the Shapeoko, 3D printers, milling and other machines that make other machines and stuff.
The underlying control of mechanical systems is used in closely related fields of Robotics, etc.
The group will be a place to share experiences, work on projects (using/upgrading our Shapeoko), and meet others with similar interest.

The plan is to meet on the last Tuesday evening of the month at our makerspace (200 Waiehu Beach Rd, Wailuku, HI) at 630pm for a couple hours. First meeting will be next week March 31st.   We will talk-story and look over our Shapeoko to plan out some upgrades and future of the SIG.

The first meeting will be open to public but future attendance will be limited to Paid Members of Maui Makers.  Membership at the Friend level is inexpensive ($40/yr).

Jerry Isdale
i.e. Id Est LLC
isd...@gmail.com
808.573.7606
Haiku, HI

Design Global, Build Local.

Peter Menningen

Mar 25, 2015, 4:21:17 PM3/25/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Jerry Just remember to fill in the event form for Dee and the Education and Events Committee All meetings and Sigs are required to fill in the Form. and whou will be the Keyholding Proctor for it  If it is a recurring the Proctor is responsible for all of the meetings. Either He or She must be there or they must get a suitable substitute for the meeting.

Since there is not a published list of full members and those with keys yet this needs to be handled at the next board meeting.

I like the Idea but I will not commit to being there for every meeting unless someone else commits to a Saturday or Sunday for me.

Jerry Isdale

Mar 31, 2015, 7:25:29 AM3/31/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Reminder this event is happening tonight Tuesday 31 March at 630pm at the makerspace.
It is a Public Event, open to all with an interest in CNC machines.

Peter Menningen

Apr 1, 2015, 2:03:26 PM4/1/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Jerry!! :)  it was a lively meeting and a good start to a good group. Many levels of experience and lots of different backgrounds were present.  For those who could not make it there will be a follow up meeting. we covered not only consumer grade (our Shapeoko upgrades) as well as some commercial and Pro-Hobbyist tools that the persons in attendance have here on Maui.:)  CNC covers  all varieties of machines Mills, Lathes, Panel Routers, Sheetgoods cutters, Laser Cutters. and more.