Fwd: Call for Makers

Jerry Isdale

Feb 2, 2014, 6:15:24 PM2/2/14
to MauiMakers

- sent from my phone, which may have added its own interpretation of what i typed or dictated. I apologize for any auto correct errors introduced by our robotic under lord.

Feb 2, 2014, 7:34:33 PM2/2/14
to mauim...@googlegroups.com

Ill go, what do you guys wanna do for booth

Anil Mehta

Feb 2, 2014, 8:27:11 PM2/2/14
to mauimakers
a HAESH demo will be nice. I can see if the school wants to send some
students too.
--
Anil Mehta, PhD
--

Student Activities Coordinator, Region 5 of IEEE

Commissioner CTC, Carbondale
SIUC
Ph: 618.203.4655 (W)

"Yes I Innovate!" http://innovativesystems.siu.edu

Jerry Isdale

Feb 2, 2014, 9:54:36 PM2/2/14
to MauiMakers

What goes needs to be small for carry on bags... TSA gonna love a bunch of us carrying crazy wired arduino breadboards

- sent from my phone, which may have added its own interpretation of what i typed or dictated. I apologize for any auto correct errors introduced by our robotic under lord.

Anil Mehta

Feb 2, 2014, 9:55:55 PM2/2/14
to mauimakers
its inter-island flight.

Jerry Isdale

Feb 2, 2014, 9:57:35 PM2/2/14
to MauiMakers

Still gotta go thru same screening.
Best to pack it with letter explaining it is demo project ya da yada yada

- sent from my phone, which may have added its own interpretation of what i typed or dictated. I apologize for any auto correct errors introduced by our robotic under lord.

Anil Mehta

Feb 2, 2014, 10:02:07 PM2/2/14
to mauimakers
I agree. We can get a letter from university so it sounds legit.

cole santos

Feb 2, 2014, 10:55:08 PM2/2/14
to mauimakers
we could do the gas sensors alone with a box to stick your head in. speaking of which we are finishing the indestructibles for the project is your student c;lose to finishing or do you guys need help.

Don Kosak

Feb 2, 2014, 11:26:53 PM2/2/14
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
I would suggest shipping any complex projects to one of the makerspaces on Oahu.  Pack it well and use a method that has a delivery date (like 2-day or next-day).

You could also put it in a checked bag.

Remember, you can't check Lithium batteries, they need to be carry on, and there are limits.

Also remember that most tools will get confiscated by the TSA if you try to carry them on with you.  Best to pack any tools in a  checked bag.

I've brought small robots and small arduino board projects through as carry-on, but I generally get pulled aside and need to chat for a bit, even on friendly inter-island flights.

- Don

Sent from my iPad

brettho...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2014, 12:26:07 AM2/3/14
to mauim...@googlegroups.com, mauimakers
I doubt I'll be able to go over there but I could at least shoot some more drone footage of the Haesh project for you to take over there.
-Brett

Sent from my iPhone

Anil Mehta

Feb 7, 2014, 8:32:44 PM2/7/14
to mauimakers
So here is what we have so far as far as a template for instructables
goes: http://www.instructables.com/id/TemperatureHumidity-Sensor-Arduino-LabVIEW-Data-Ac/.
Please look at it and comment on its efficacy. Include what you will
like to see included what should change, update or be removed. We
(Lindsay and I) will make the next version of these instructables then
and we have instructables.

BTW, we have had 2 tours in the last 3 days (Hitachi and Organization
of Civil engineers) in our lab and they listened to our presentation
of HAESH. *All* sounded interested.

There is a sustainability conference that they are making me go to in
O`ahu on the 13th of March. Maybe HAESH can be presented there too,
since its so close to Maker faire.

Anil

cole santos

Feb 7, 2014, 10:09:58 PM2/7/14
to mauim...@googlegroups.com

Freaking amazing

Anil Mehta

Feb 8, 2014, 12:22:08 AM2/8/14
to mauimakers
>_>

Jerry Isdale

Feb 8, 2014, 1:25:52 AM2/8/14
to MauiMakers

I will check when I have real computer and net in am. But this is good news

Btw the portable workstation instructables goes live Monday