an LED printer

Lynn Rasmussen

Nov 25, 2014, 5:19:50 PM11/25/14
to MauiMakers
Just popped up on Hacker News.

Printing LED light onto paper. Wow.
Even I want to play with this!

Lynn Rasmussen

Jerry Isdale

Nov 25, 2014, 8:03:14 PM11/25/14
to MauiMakers
Very cool lynn!  thanks

Jerry Isdale
i.e. Id Est LLC
isd...@gmail.com
808.573.7606
Haiku, HI

Laura Ulibarri

Nov 25, 2014, 10:07:43 PM11/25/14
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Can you buy this stuff?

It takes paper circuits to a whole new level!

Lynn Rasmussen

Nov 25, 2014, 11:13:12 PM11/25/14
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
I just emailed the lightpaper people. I'll get back to you with their answer.

On Nov 25, 2014, at 5:07 PM, Laura Ulibarri wrote:

> Can you buy this stuff?
>
> It takes paper circuits to a whole new level!

Peter Menningen

Nov 26, 2014, 12:48:29 PM11/26/14
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
I've seen and had a sample of thin film lighting for the outdoor advertisement and trade show environment but it costs $$$/sq ft  I hope this is cheaper. It may be all custom work like the thin film.  Did you ask for any engineering samples? or the price of an eval kit?  Most companies introducing new technologies try to get it out to potential customers or users. It looks like it is a deposit manufacturing process so they may have seconds to sell cheep to groups like ours.

Just a thought