Call to Volunteers Need help at outreach events or Manning the space

Peter Menningen

Mar 11, 2016, 1:11:29 PM3/11/16
to MauiMakers
We are planning on continuing the Outreach Events by having tables and displays for them.

When these fall on weekends or regular space nights  Our current Volunteer Level forces us to close the space or cancel the specific class. These events are important to MMI as a way of generating contacts and funding.

Some of the events that are in the pipeline already are:

TEDx Youth at Seabury Hall, Oahu Mini Maker Faire, 4th of July Parade,. Barnes & Noble Maker event,  Various School and Student Days that we get invited to.

Upping your own commitment does require a higher level of membership Just time  and  remember we are a 501(c) (3) non profit so any personal out of pocket expenses are tax deductible.

If you have interest please contact us.

Events that we have done in the past are AMOS Conference, County Fair, Introduce a Girl to Engineering, Barnes & Noble Maker event, TEDx Youth, Maui Science Museum events,Oahu Mini Maker Faire, Play and Instructable Events around the Island

Go to our Website Facebook and Meetup sites and look at the photos of our activities.

Jerry Isdale just posted a Live Google Hangout to Youtube that was hosted by us Wednesday night in the CNC SiG which covers All Hawaii

Ben Ward

Mar 11, 2016, 2:44:00 PM3/11/16
to Peter Menningen, mauim...@googlegroups.com

Peter,

I can man the booth at TEDx Youth at Seabury Hall on 4/3.

Thanks,

Ben

Peter Menningen

Mar 11, 2016, 3:19:40 PM3/11/16
to Ben Ward, mauim...@googlegroups.com
Ben  Mahalo   I believe Jerry and Loryane  also attend  so they probably will spend sometime for relief. I'll get in touch over the weekend for planning.  Don't forget to bring some of your smaller projects to display.

For transportation I'm trying to keep it on the inside of the vehicles as I don't have a roof rack vehicle or truck committed yet.

I do want to change it up from last year but stay focused on STEAM type projects
--
Peter Menningen
Sent from my Laptop in Haiku

Jerry Isdale

Mar 11, 2016, 4:16:24 PM3/11/16
to MauiMakers, Ben Ward
Ben - do you have one of the projection tables around?  If so, and it would work outdoors, we could do a demo with the Leap Motion controller.  Joe, of the Wisdom Center (Haiku), has been using some. Demos were fun and made me think of your interaction tables.

Jerry Isdale
805 338 1996 cell (txt works good)
Haiku HI, Timezone GMT-10

Design Global, Build Local

Peter Menningen
Sent from my Laptop in Haiku

Ben Ward

Mar 11, 2016, 8:20:21 PM3/11/16
to Jerry Isdale, MauiMakers

Jerry,

Yes. I can bring the table. It doesn’t work so well in direct sunlight.

Thanks,

Ben

On March 11, 2016 at 11:16:23 AM, Jerry Isdale (isd...@gmail.com) wrote:
> Ben - do you have one of the projection tables around? If so, and it would work outdoors,
> we could do a demo with the Leap Motion controller. Joe, of the Wisdom Center (Haiku),
> has been using some. Demos were fun and made me think of your interaction tables.
>
> Jerry Isdale
> isd...@gmail.com
> 805 338 1996 cell (txt works good)
> 808 573 7606 home
> Haiku HI, Timezone GMT-10
>
> Design Global, Build Local
>

> On Mar 11, 2016, at 10:19 AM, Peter Menningen wrote:
>
> > Ben Mahalo I believe Jerry and Loryane also attend so they probably will spend sometime
> for relief. I'll get in touch over the weekend for planning. Don't forget to bring some
> of your smaller projects to display.
> >
> > For transportation I'm trying to keep it on the inside of the vehicles as I don't have
> a roof rack vehicle or truck committed yet.
> >
> > I do want to change it up from last year but stay focused on STEAM type projects

> > > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mauimakers.
> > > To view this discussion on the web visithttps://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mauimakers/20a7abeb-a92d-4fc8-87f7-0130f94ca0eb%40googlegroups.com.
> > >

> > --
> > Peter Menningen
> > Sent from my Laptop in Haiku

Peter H. Rosen

May 13, 2016, 6:49:45 PM5/13/16
to MauiMakers
Hi Pete, I'm glad to help out & bring my light projects including CAN-O-LIGHT & Illuminated G-Clef Wall hangings, etc.

Light painting demos could be fun. I'm still interested in helping with fundraising via light-painting "PLAYSHOPs"

NOTE: I will be unavailable June through Sept when I return from my travels (when I will need a new residence - should you or anyone have a housing resource for Oct & beyond ??

Thanks for all you and Laura et al do to keep M.MAKERS MOVING ALONG!

Pedro
Pan
Aka
Pierre d'Luminere

Peter Menningen

May 13, 2016, 7:36:15 PM5/13/16
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Peter this event was last month
As for the fundraising it is needed  but you need to bring a proposal before the board like I asked when we spoke.

We always try to include members in our outreach efforts and we need more of them.

A lot of times we have limited space and time

You might consider coming with us to the Oahu Mini Maker Fair in June  This is a pay your own way attendance is free. We are shipping our exhibits ahead so if you wish to partake in the experience and help with our displays as well as show yours  let us know