Tuesday update Maker Space build out schedule for Wednesday

Peter Menningen

Jan 28, 2015, 1:00:28 AM1/28/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Not too much happened at the space today  I went to Lahaina to get the legs and drawers for the red bench as well as some extra Vacuum parts.

When I returned to the space (5 PM) I found that a benefactor had dropped off some full length 2 X 4's and 2 X 2's and two doors and a bunch of nut jars for sorting fastners and assorted supplies Mahalo again.

I found some of my cables and now the Classroom sound system will take a 1/8" stereo jack input. We still need an operational DVD player for the system  any type of analog input will do except antenna. The digital inpust are taken by the PC station.

Tomorrow Night (Wednesday) I will be at the space from about 4PM  until about 30 minutes before the St Anthony's event.  I'll be playing with the sound system to work bugs out and plan for its actual use. Sort wires and layout the parts for the Red steel workbench so it can be assembled on Thursday Night.  I need to have a rep from the security/door committee come by to  Explain what will be needed in the form of infrastructure to make it work and who will do the installation of the door and its hardware.

I'm going to plan the hallway light supports so they can be installed on either Thursday night or the Saturday project day.  Again we will need a team lead to take that build by the horns.

We have a whole lot of stuff to move from the upstairs to the warehouse and from the doorway downstairs to the space and maybe some of it back to the container.

The third room is still not fully repaired the building has not removed the repair stuff from it and even more of the ceiling is missing.  I moved the two big pieces from the second red bench and the band saw to the front of my Lahaina container  I'll need a pickup to help me bring them back Daytime Saturday or next week.  Moving top is two person job 6' x 32" deep  Drawers legs and hardware are already in space.

No comments on question of Vise location so it will go on the corner of that bench located so the fixed jaw clears the top of it so items can be clamped vertical .   It was cleaned and lubed on Monday.

Thursday night will be a dry run for anyone with Laptops to try the projector and give input for where the class proctor will be located.

Mahalo Pete