Welding, Metal working, forging etc

Peter Menningen

Oct 6, 2017, 3:11:02 PM10/6/17
to MauiMakers
At the space there has been a lot of talk about having a forge as well as Welding and Metalworking. These activities require investments not only in $$$ but in time and effort. We have received a temporary loan of a Plasma cutter to help in this construction project. What we now need is some $$ donations for the supplies to make it happen and a few good reliable Volunteers to actually make it happen. Our first task is to complete the entire plan for it taking account of Materials at hand in the parking lot. I (pete) have some ideas and will welcome input if it comes with physical help and or $$$.

Have I mentioned yet that welding and metal working is not a cheap hobby. The space will be charging Members who use this area for their own projects around $25/ hr to cover Consumables Possibly more for Gas or gas shield welding when we get there. First fill and bottles is close to $750 for shield Gasses. To fill our Ox acetylene bottles is in the neighborhood of $250.

Personal protection items will be the responsibility of the members themselves. We have some to share but Maui is hard on equipment.