Announcement Our makerspace just received a loan of a wood lathe

1 view

Peter Menningen

Feb 3, 2017, 8:49:33 PM2/3/17
to MauiMakers
Maui Makers Inc would like to acknowledge the loan of a Delta 12-1/4" swing over bed wood lathe with some accessories for Jerry Isdale.

We are looking for a person (member) who is an experienced wood turner to help our members get off on the correct footing.

This would consist of simple guidance regarding Safety and Tool Maintenance, in addition to simple turning techniques to get a novice turning safely and productively.

We have a very limited number and assortment of turning tools that will be made available to trained members for use.

Come to the space this weekend to help us finish the install

Ross Mukai

Feb 3, 2017, 9:27:58 PM2/3/17
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
That's a great looking midi!!
What chisels do you have? Need more? Are you gonna start turning bowls too? Where can I mail you a flat rate box full of freebies? I can send some wood and pen parts and mandrels

Peter Menningen

Feb 3, 2017, 11:59:12 PM2/3/17
to MauiMakers
I don't think Jerry used it too much The chuck was still in it's packing bag.

I'll send you what we have on your normal e-mail.

If you then let me know the size of the USPS Flat rate box I'll e-mail a postage label you can print and put on the box. The least I can do is pay for postage.

As for stuff other than lathe tools we don't have a tailstock chuck to hold drill bits #2MT. The other thing missing is a curved tool support. We have a 6" and a 9" straight.