Honolulu Maker Faire

Laura Ulibarri

May 12, 2015, 1:04:24 PM5/12/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Check out how things went at the Honolulu Maker Faire

http://www.mauimakers.com/blog/2015/05/maui-makers-at-honolulu-maker-faire/

Peter Menningen

May 12, 2015, 2:27:32 PM5/12/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Two more takeouts from event  Mount camera on high post  create auto tilt and pan so it gives better views of the display and a feeling for the event. Since this was shot with Go-Pro the loads would be light so  Motors would not need to be strong. we might be able to use the NEMA 17 floppy drive motors The timing would need to be for a long cycle something like 10 minute loop across table and then a pan back across show floor back to start. We would need a couple of pre-programmed paths so the sweep could be adjusted for the event at the event.

Jerry Isdale

May 13, 2015, 12:35:03 AM5/13/15
to MauiMakers
A hobby servo (metal gears) would probably work too. might be a bit simpler.
There are servo pan/tilt instructables, and robotic parts

Jerry Isdale
i.e. Id Est LLC
isd...@gmail.com
808.573.7606
Haiku, HI

Design Global, Build Local.

Peter Menningen

May 13, 2015, 1:04:18 AM5/13/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
We discovered about 6 Nema 17 sized servos in the 3-1/2" floppy drives  Nice motors and free should be 5V.
A definite group project or even a kids project. Just think it would be a combination mechanical, electrical, and control project.

Use an extruded column 3D design and print the parts. write a sketch that runs from a select switch input to move camera.

Make it robust enough to carry some small point and shoot cameras as well as the Go-Pro.

Peter Menningen

Brian Thomas

May 13, 2015, 1:54:20 AM5/13/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Nice!  Looks like some cool stuff and you guys represented well.  I have never seen the whiteboard drawer.

Look forward to hearing about more details and what you saw.  Were there any people from Maui there that didn't know about us?

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 7:04 AM, Laura Ulibarri <lulib...@gmail.com> wrote:
Check out how things went at the Honolulu Maker Faire

http://www.mauimakers.com/blog/2015/05/maui-makers-at-honolulu-maker-faire/

Peter Menningen

May 13, 2015, 2:38:42 AM5/13/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com, brian....@btmaui.com
Brian Laura's been working on that for the last three weeks almost non stop. It has visited the shop windows been in the e-lab, as well as the classroom.

Do us a favor and help us at the fund raiser in July we will need all hands on deck.

Once we actually figure what we are bringing we will need all of the help we can muster to polish the displays.

Brian Thomas

May 13, 2015, 3:33:30 AM5/13/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Awesome.  I'll be there in July and help where I can, say the word. I missed the hack day but will be out soon.

So basically we could put a polisher motor on that thing and use it as the highest tech window washer ever!

The space is looking great and building back a library is valuable aspect.  As Jerry said, the container has our little library with some good project books including a Plywood project book which, after we bought it started increasing in value and was about $60 last time I checked.  I used to have (and use frequently) some Thomas (no relation) Guides but those are all online now I think.

Peter Menningen

May 13, 2015, 1:56:34 PM5/13/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com, brian....@btmaui.com
It's not ready for that application yet. BTW Laura is not going to let you hack it. LOL