The IO Theater group wants a Prop (there is a budget)

Peter Menningen

Apr 20, 2017, 11:16:05 AM4/20/17
to MauiMakers
Hi Makers! I've followed this group for almost 2 years, but have only been able to make it to a very few meetings. I do a great deal of work with the IAO theater building props and sets. Well this year they've thrown down a huge challenge that I'm hoping might be perfect to finally get involved with this group. We have to build a scaled down 'stage' version of the iconic "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" with working wings and lights and drivability. It's going to take electronics (I'm thinking electric wheel chair motors) woodworkers, metal workers, fiberglass shapers, painters, and basically..."MAKERS". So...might there be interest? Please let me know. The deadline for the build is mid November and I'd love to get working on this sometime early summer. Did I mention there's actually a budget so it's not totally 'freebie' work!

cole santos

Apr 20, 2017, 9:26:07 PM4/20/17
to mauimakers
I could help some buy geez this is a hard one.

On Apr 20, 2017 5:16 AM, "Peter Menningen" <pmgr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Makers! I've followed this group for almost 2 years, but have only been able to make it to a very few meetings. I do a great deal of work with the IAO theater building props and sets. Well this year they've thrown down a huge challenge that I'm hoping might be perfect to finally get involved with this group. We have to build a scaled down 'stage' version of the iconic "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" with working wings and lights and drivability. It's going to take electronics (I'm thinking electric wheel chair motors) woodworkers, metal workers, fiberglass shapers, painters, and basically..."MAKERS". So...might there be interest? Please let me know. The deadline for the build is mid November and I'd love to get working on this sometime early summer. Did I mention there's actually a budget so it's not totally 'freebie' work!

Jerry Isdale

Apr 20, 2017, 9:38:09 PM4/20/17
to MauiMakers
I'd start w a wheel chair (jazzy) instead of trying to hack motors etc. Like those mobile cupcake vehicles at makerfaire and burning msn, etc

- jerry isdale

sent from my phone, which may have added its own interpretation of what i typed or dictated. I apologize for any auto correct errors introduced by our robotic under lord.