General e-Mail to Info at Maui Makers?

Peter Menningen

Jun 13, 2015, 4:32:11 PM6/13/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
 Is there a way to separate all of the individual mail accounts  like education so that everyone is not spammed with every message from Instructables for Maui Makers.

If I had a bunch of companies sending thet maker account updates It would be clogged.up.

Each committee should have one e-mail and that should go to the committee chair and mayby the individual officers if they opt in.  there really is no need for it to go to the MauiMakersInc board distribution list.

Some of us have our own accounts with some of our vendors and getting messages from two or more accounts using the same from message is very confusing.

cole santos

Jun 13, 2015, 4:43:20 PM6/13/15
to mauimakers

You are 95% of the emails so should be fine.

Jerry Isdale

Jun 13, 2015, 8:19:01 PM6/13/15
to MauiMakers
There are a number of existing mail addresses for various maui maker activities.
Currently we are talking on the public MauiMakers google group (where you started conversation)

There are other googlegroups (board, facilities, members-only, etc).
There are also individual email accounts (eg. in...@mauimakers.com, board@mauimakers) which have a narrow distribution and generally re-direct messages to individuals (one or more) emails.

If a particular person does not want to receive email, they can be removed from distribution.
For googlegroups this is pretty easy - the individual has control of what and how they receive posts. It can vary from one email for every post, to only reading messages via the web interface (eg. no emails at all).
For re-directed emails via our mauimakers.com web server, the admin folks can take care of add/removal of an individual.

Jerry Isdale
i.e. Id Est LLC
isd...@gmail.com
808.573.7606
Haiku, HI

Design Global, Build Local.

Pete Menningen

Jun 13, 2015, 11:40:52 PM6/13/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Cole I'm not talking about internal messages from member to member but e?-mails from vendors to specific committees

Sent from my iPad
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "MauiMakers" group.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mauimakers.