This Thursday day and evening

Peter Menningen

Jan 21, 2015, 11:22:05 PM1/21/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com, Bob Conlon, cole santos, Jerry Isdale, KaijiWare, Laura Ulibarri, Wayne Axelson
Wayne and I will  be going up  (Lahaina) to my container in the morning  to pick up the bench tops and the leg sets.  We will be able to off load them at the space  but we may not be able to get them up the stairs  I will need some volunteers  to help with that on Thursday night. The boxes said use two people to move and they were not joking  The stainless one will go in the conference room  the wood top will go to the shop room.  Today I finished the Server cabinet except for the pass through to the shop for wires and the vents in the doors. I did plane the door edges so they now fit in the openings.  I moved the large tools from that room as now all of the major work with cutting is done. The Miter say is on the scaffold in the hall the table saw is in the shop room.

Easy tasks for Thursday evening  Final polish of that room  Sweep  dust wash windows etc. Set up tables and chairs.  Install projector mount in ceiling  I built it today.

Maybe  Mount bench legs  ( someone needs to bring a Drill with a 1/2" chuck and if someone has a Brace ( Old fashion manual drill with a chuck that holds square bits) You will know what it is if you have one  Mine are buried.  I need it to set the threaded inserts in the bench tops.  Last time someone used a power drill on my special bit he ruined it and I had to make a new one so that will not happen again on my watch.

For the benches we will need to decide if we want the lateral under bench support to be a shelf or a vertical member

Wayne has powered up the water heater so that water is now hot.  Our panel is not live yet but the wires down to the box down stairs are pulled  He will lead all electric work  Ron was installing outlets last night  maybe Wayne will let him do that again but not close them up.

Our sign designers need to get together and make some signs for the windows.  The Regular Makers sign is hanging in the conference room window but it is opaque so even with the lights on nobody can read it .

Items we need for the space

Dust pan or grain scoop ( Large  Aluminium shovel used to move Loose  granular products)

Hand Soap

Dish detergent

DVD Player

Keyboards and Mice

Flat panel monitor with HDMI Input for Raspberry PI

Last night I instructed the crew to get rid of the large white   4 X 8 board in the hallway  If some one  could come with a circ saw and a guide  we could use a piece of it for the pipe cover in back of the sink in the shop. Some one can take a shot at creating a cover that would be easy to remove to service the plumbing if needed. They could use the white board and the pine boards on the scaffold.  The other part could be cut for bench stabilizers maybe.

We still need to have a bunch of file cabinets moved with the forklift down to the main floor.

We need the wire shelves and the big tool chest  from the container brought to the space.

Someone mentioned about the big Air conditioner in the third room  Based on its age it probably weighs in the neighborhood of 250 lbs  We have not figured out where it is powered from  That is a job for the building to do just after or while they are working on the sprinkler pipe. They need to get that fixed first then we can clean and paint that room.   BTW there is no live electric power or lights in there so it is worthless until all of that is done

The switch by the main door lights up the yard lights so maybe the flood by the door is also live and burned out.

A  Board member should take on this task with Vern and a punch list. For the inside hallway  and stairs some rope lights plugged in while we are there would do the trick until The Building can fix the ones that are there .

We may be makers but we also are paying CAM and the building should be doing some of this with that money. .  .

--
Peter Menningen

Laura Ulibarri

Jan 21, 2015, 11:55:17 PM1/21/15
to Peter Menningen, Bob Conlon, cole santos, mauim...@googlegroups.com, Wayne Axelson, Kaiju Ware, Jerry Isdale

Thanks Pete.

Have we found doors yet for the tool room?

Do we want pegboard from warehouse area?

Re building. I will contact Dwayne et al. tomorrow to check progress.

Things they need to do:
1) fix pipe in ceiling.
2) remove A/C. That needs to done thru the warehouse side.

1 and 2 need to be completed before we can consider taking possession of the long room.

3) fix or install common area lights.
4) ensure women's toilets flush.
5) supplies for restrooms.
6) remove excess items.

3-5 need to complete before 1 Feb.

Other items:
7) pothole
8) install Bannister in stairwell.
9) fix flimsy electric run in hallway.

Peter Menningen

Jan 22, 2015, 12:13:46 AM1/22/15
to Laura Ulibarri, Bob Conlon, cole santos, mauim...@googlegroups.com, Wayne Axelson, Kaiju Ware, Jerry Isdale
 Answers from My perspective

Doors No

Pegboard  Yes  I have leftover pine for furring strips and a supply of hooks and holders buried would make great low relief storage for items that are common and shared in a space.  I could see one in classroom for event specific display and one in shop for common items of low value  Classroom painted white and shop also painted with outlines showing what is supposed to be hanging in a spot.  Keep one or two panels available for the long room.

Maybe make a couple for a display for events either on site or off.  That stuff stores flat and is easy to work with. Since it's free that is good but we need to be selective  Piece size needs to be about  4x4'  without holes or breaks for the wall 2' x 4' for the freestanding  It should be of the 1/4" thick variety and be hardened  ( smooth) on both sides for moisture  resistance If it is not we need to paint both sides. .
--
Peter Menningen