Fwd: Art of Trash 2018 Receiving Day for Artwork

1 view

Jerry Isdale

Feb 13, 2018, 10:55:22 PM2/13/18
to MauiMakers
Art of Trash is happening again.
Makers is not hosting any particular builds for it this year, but members might be interested.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Art of Trash <wi...@sharingalohamaui.org>
Subject: Art of Trash 2018 Receiving Day for Artwork
Date: February 13, 2018 at 4:01:45 PM HST
To: Jerry Isdale <isd...@gmail.com>

Calling All Artists: Receiving Day March 31st, 2018

Maui’s Art of Trash 2018 has a new home! We will be at 1980 Main St. in Wailuku, next door to Native Intelligence and across the street from Subway Sandwiches. Parking is in the back.

Art of Trash is an annual juried exhibition held in April to celebrate Earth Day. Artists are encouraged to start collecting, creating, designing, and saving recyclable materials that will inspire their art pieces. The exhibition features everyday discarded recyclable items that have been given new life as artwork.

Entry day is on Saturday March 31st from 9:30am – 3pm. Pieces made from natural material, water feature pieces and works that include food are not accepted. Judy Bruder, owner of Duck Soup is the juror.

Art of Trash is presented by the nonprofits Malama Maui Nui and SharingAloha. This exhibition focuses on how we can reduce our footprint by finding creative ways to keep reusable items out of our landfill.

Work will only be received on one day, Saturday, March 31st, 9:30am – 3pm, at 1980 Main St., Wailuku. Entry fee is $15 per piece. Entry forms are available online at sharingalohamaui.org and at facebook.com/artoftrash. For more information regarding the Art of Trash 2018, call Malama Maui Nui at 877-2524. For some creative inspiration visit www.facebook.com/artoftrash.

The public is invited to the opening festivities at Wailuku First Friday, April 6th, 6pm. Gallery exhibition will run from April 7 – 28th, 10am – 5pm. The gallery will be open Monday through Saturday (closed on Sundays).

Copyright © 2018 Art of Trash, All rights reserved.
Art of Trash is an annual exhibition of repurposed materials transformed into art by Maui County artists.

Our mailing address is:
Art of Trash
P.O. Box 1152
Kula, HI  96790

Add us to your address book

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

Peter Menningen

Feb 13, 2018, 11:26:47 PM2/13/18
to MauiMakers
For artists and potential artists Maui Makers has a wonderful shop available to its paid members for the creation of art as well as technology.  Drop by this weekend from noon till 5PM and see what we have to offer.  We also have a lot of scrap materials and pulls from electronics for your use as a member. Our members have placed items in the show and have won prizes in past exhibits.