MakerSpace survey

Peter Menningen

Oct 24, 2015, 12:29:04 PM10/24/15
to MauiMakers
There are discussions being held on how to improve the Makerspace if we choose to upgrade it to a new space.

The discussions are around the inclusion of adding project space for members to use on a rental basis.The spaces would be for projects that span multiple working days or for permanent workbenches.

Also the other subject is the rental of personal storage for tools and supplies used in the space the question here is the financial feasibility of construction and at what sizes. or  do they just need to be assigned shelf space for toolboxes

Please respond if you as a Maker would be interested in any of these services that could  be provided by Maui Makers ( or the land lord ) in a new space.

Wayne Axelson

Oct 24, 2015, 2:10:48 PM10/24/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete,
I am interested in some "extra space" and how that would be managed.

Details yet robe determined...
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone

Peter Menningen

Oct 25, 2015, 1:08:04 PM10/25/15
to MauiMakers
Wayne we have been looking at the business models of other maker spaces. depending on availability it could be either permanent like a fixed area to place a bench for exclusive use or for a one time project a taped off area on the floor where someone could assemble or work on something big

The storage for materials left over from personal projects is also being discussed

Also a parts and supply store is being discussed to make the non-Maui stocked items available to members at reasonable prices and delivery times after all a Maker requires stuff as well as tools